Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Rutgers Biomedical & Health Sciences
This program is designed for high-achieving premedical students of Rutgers University who are in their sophomore year. Accepted students will be expected to complete all Rutgers core requirements by the end of their junior year. In their senior year, students will take the complete first year curriculum at RWJ Medical School. Students will receive RU credit for select medical school courses toward completion of their major and elective credit toward their undergraduate degree.
Benefits for students accepted into the program include:
- Students will have a conditional, early-acceptance to Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
(please see grade requirements below).
- Students will pay only for three years of tuition at Rutgers + 4 years tuition at RWJMS.
- Credits for some classes taken during the first year at the medical school will count toward both the MD and the BA/BS degrees.
To apply, students must have completed the following criteria:
- They must have completed 4 semesters of college, with a minimum of 60 credits. Note, applicants with an Associate’s Degree, regardless of whether it was earned as a dual degree in high school or as a traditional degree after high school, are ineligible to apply for the program.
- As a minimum, they must be enrolled for one year at RU-NB, earning 30 credits.
- They must have earned and maintain a minimum cumulative and science GPA of 3.5 at Rutgers.
- Two semesters of General Biology with lab, two semesters of General Chemistry with lab, two semesters of Organic Chemistry (lab may be taken in the Junior year), one semester of college-level Mathematics, and one semester of English.
- If AP or transfer credit was granted for General Biology, two other approved biology courses (200-level courses or higher) must be taken at Rutgers University.
- Matriculation into the medical school is conditional upon meeting additional requirements in the junior and senior year.