The Health Professions Office (HPO) provides current students of Rutgers University--New Brunswick full-time support to those who are interested in applying to a variety of health profession programs including allopathic (M.D.) and osteopathic (D.O.) medicine, dentistry, physician assistant, podiatry, optometry, and public health schools.
How do I get started with the HPO
- Open a File--forms are available in Room A207 in Nelson Biological Labs, Busch Campus
- Meet with HPO advisors at least once a year to make sure you are on track for your goals
- Obtain Meaningful Letters of Evaluation
- Consistent Academic Excellence
- RU Involved?
- Experience in Your Field of Interest:
- Alumni Shadowing Program
- HPO/RWJ VIP Program
- Saint Peter's University Hospital Physician Shadowing Program
- Look for a PT job in healthcare thru the Student Employment Office or click here for other opportunities.
- Good Scores on the Entrance Exam for your Field of Interest