The mission of the Rutgers Health Professions Office is to serve current students, alumni, and post-baccalaureate students of the schools of Rutgers, New Brunswick who are interested in pursuing a career within the health professions. We seek to use collaborative advising to empower students to create and implement academic and extracurricular plans that integrate their professional goal of becoming a health care professional with the university’s threefold mission of education, research, and service.
Our services include:
- Individual advising beginning with academic orientation, through graduation, and beyond.
- Information via our mailing list, web site, social media sites, presentations, and collaboration with student groups and other university departments.
- Resources for exploring the wide variety of careers within the health professions.
- Resources for finding, and obtaining volunteer, clinical, and research opportunities.
- A letter storage and processing service, as well as committee interview and letter process, for students applying to medical and dental school.
Current students and alumni are encouraged to register with our office during their first semester and to meet with an adviser at least once a year. For an advising appointment (half-hour, for current students and recent alumni only), please call the office.
Walk-in advising is also available. See the walk-in hours under HPO Quick Links on the right.
Explore the links above, below, and to the side for more information.