Ralph DeFalco was an internationally recognized serologist and Professor of Zoology at Rutgers University. In addition to his scholarly and teaching activities, he devoted much of his time to the counseling and placement of undergraduates in medical and dental schools. Eloise DeFalco was a medical Technologist & Teaching Assistant/Lecturer in Anatomy & Physiology at Raritan Valley Community College. She, like her husband, derived great satisfaction from interaction with her students and in providing support and encouragement to them while they pursued their chosen healthcare profession.
To be awarded the scholarship, the student must:
- demonstrate a high academic standing
- applicants must be full-time seniors during the 2020-2021 academic year, in the School of Arts and Sciences
- be majoring in one of the four majors within the Division of Life Sciences
- 119 - Biological Sciences
- 146 - Cell Biology and Neuroscience
- 447 - Genetics
- 694 - Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Six awards of $1,500 each for 2020-2021 are anticipated.
Applications are available in the Office of Undergraduate Instruction (OUGI) office in Nelson Labs (Room B112) during the spring semester and should be returned to the OUGI office in Nelson Labs by April 6, 2020. For more information, please contact the OUGI Office (848) 445-2075.