Services the HPO Provides
- Knowledgeable and Experienced Advisors anyone of whom would be happy to meet with you Just call the office to schedule an appointment at 848-445-5667.
Our office is located in A207 Nelson Labs, Busch Campus
- Friendly and Well-Informed Staff available Monday-Friday 8:30 to 5:00
- Helpful, Trained Peer Mentors (hours vary)
Electronic File Management
- The HPOdrome - click here to access your personal student portal
- Letter of Recommendation Forms (and Asking for a Letter of Recommendation Tips)
- Release Forms
Coordination of Programs
- Rutgers Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Program click here for more information
- Rutgers Special/Joint Programs: Robert Wood Johhnson Medical School, New Jersey Medical School, New Jersey Dental School, and the Physician Assistant Program
- Volunteer Opportunities at Saint Peter's University Hospital click here for more information
- HPO Newsletter to make you aware of topics of importance to prehealth students
- Regular email announcements about upcoming events/speakers/deadlines
- Regularly updated website
- Like us on Facebook
What is Required of You
- Open a File--forms are available in A207 Nelson, Labs, BC
- Meet with advisors
- Obtain Meaningful Letters of Evaluation
- Consistent Academic Excellence
- RU Involved?
- Experience in Your Field of Interest, click here for Saint Peter's University Hospital Physician Shadowing Program, look for a PT job in healthcare thru the Student Employment Office or click here for other opportunities.
- Good Scores on the Entrance Exam for your Field of Interest
The HPO Interview
- General Timeline for students applying to Medical/Dental School
- Interview Worksheets and Requirements: TBA
- Your HPOdrome BCPM is based on coursework offered and taken at Rutgers, New Brunswick. Your HPOdrome Science GPA (BCPM) should be close but may not be exactly the same when AMCAS calculates it on your verified application. However your HPOdrome Science GPA will be the one used when considering your qualification for the HPO Committee Interview. AMCAS standardizes GPAs across many institutions and we are not able to exactly mirror their system. Your HPOdrome BCPM will not represent your BCPM for osteopathic or dental school because they use different systems to calculate GPAs. See the AACOMAS and AADSAS Science GPA calcuators below:
- The Application (most of which are available May-February)
- Visit http://www.aamc.or.students/amcas for the application to allopathic medical schools.
- Visit http://www.aacomas.aacom.org for the application to osteopathic medical schools.
- Visit http://www.portal.aadsasweb.org for the application to dental schools.
- Visit http://www.portal.caspaonline.org for an application to physician assistant schools.
- Personal Statement
- Admission Statistics